Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Your Mom Goes to College"


I started the spring semester yesterday. Philosophy 102 and Teaching Elementary School Math. Maybe sometime in this life, I will graduate. I met with my counselor who said that because I have been going to school on and off for 8 years now, I will be able to graduate CSN in the fall with an Associates of General Studies and an Associates of Arts with an emphasis on Elementary Education. That will be good in the long run because you get paid more when you have your Bachelor's Degree, plus however many credits. I am taking my time because I don't plan on teaching until Mikey is in school. Oh by the way...just to get the word out there...I am going to be teaching preschool out of my home this fall. It will be 2 days a week for 2 hours. $100 a month. I am thinking that it is going to be an afternoon class. E-mail me at adrihutch@hotmail.com or call me if you are interested.

3 comments:

John and Marissa said...

Good luck with school! I just started a class too. If we just keep rolling along, eventually we'll get a degree. :D

Nadia said...

Congrats on your school plans and thank you for your lonely mom advice. I really appreciate it. I feel the same way about our ward - there just isn't anyone to hang out with. Good luck with preschool at your house, that's such a good idea. I wish Maddie could join in. Thanks again and good luck with your plans - let us know how it goes.

Megan said...

Love the Dy-no-mite pic! Hang in there it is worth it to finish.