Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Red Rock Fun





This Martin Luther King Day, we headed up to Red Rock for some outdoor fun. It is weird that I put those two words together, I am very much an indoor girl. But we had a good day. We found a trail up by Calico Basin that is like a boardwalk. You don't even have to get off the wooded trail, perfect for little girls, strollers, and indoor mommies. We were going to have a picnic at the bottom, but there were people doing beer bongs! Seriouslly...at noon! Taylor was upset that we were leaving until Jolee said, "We have to go because those people are being naughty." Word sister! We drove around until we found a more family friendly environment to picnic in. Later that evening, a brought back one of my mom's Martin Luther King Day traditions. I made a marble cake. My mom said it was the blacks and the whites combining. Gosh...I miss my mom. She was awesome!

No comments: