Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


My sweet husband turned Mother's Day into the whole weekend this year! How lucky am I? We woke up Saturday morning and went to our favorite breakfast spot Cracked Egg. We then did some shopping and I picked out some new jammies for Mother's Day. I also got a book called Love the One Your With by Emily Giffin. I have read all of her novels, they are just fun summer reads. So I was excited about that. After shopping, we went swimming at my dad's house for 4 hours! The kids were having so much fun that they cried when we finally pulled them out. We bought Mikey a little baby floatie and he swam around the whole pool by himself, his little chubby legs kicking away. It was precious. After swimming, we stopped by Sonic for some ice cream and to let the kids burn off some more steam in the bounce house. By the time we got home and showered, we were all exhausted. I fell asleep at 7:30! Sunday morning, Rob let me sleep in until 8:00, which gave me over 12 hours of sleep! Rob made pancakes and the girls gave me the presents we had bought the day before. Jolee gave me a special card she made at preschool. It said, "I love my mommy because she lets me bake cookies, lets me vaccuum with her, and she gives me hugs and kisses." She drew a picture of me giving her a hug. It was so precious. Definitely something I will cherish forever. Church was a joy on Sunday, Rob was such a great help with the kiddos. Rob cast his magic spell of Mikey and let me hold a sleeping baby in Relief Society. After church, Rob grilled some delicious chicken and shrimp kabobs. We then went over to the cemetry to wish Grandma a Happy Mother's Day. We finished the day with a Family Home Evening and homemade strawberry chocolate chip ice cream. What a great Mother's Day weekend.

No comments: